When it comes to inspecting, maintaining, upgrading and repairing your cranes and hoists, Star Crane and Hoist is your total destination. Our teams have extensive knowledge and are fully experienced with keeping your equipment in the very best working condition so you can keep doing what you do best.
Call us to learn more and let us tell you how we can keep you OSHA–compliant, upgrade your worn and outdated equipment, and service your breakdowns quickly. Have a special lifting need? We serve an amazingly diverse client base. Be sure to ask us how we can help with your special lifting needs.
Crane & Hoist Inspections
- Site visit with a quick walk thru for accurate quoting
- A quote is given to the customer followed by an order from the customer
- Once an order is placed, we communicate with the customer to schedule a time for the inspection that meets their needs
During that scheduled inspection:
- Our technician makes contact on site
- The inspection is HANDS-ON, physically inspecting ALL components
- Technicians document the condition of each and every component
- Technicians lubricate and adjust all items as needed
- This is followed up on with a documented inspection package that is returned to you, our customer
- This package identifies repairs needed as S, P, or O
• S = Safety Related = Life–Threatening Conditions
• P = Production Related = Loss of Production
• O = Other Recommended Repairs = General Repair
Advantages of the Preventative Maintenance Program
- Extend the life of the crane and its accessories
- Have a permanent maintenance record of the crane
- Reduce maintenance costs
- Prevent irreversible damage
- Avoid costly down—time due to lack of proper maintenance
In addition to the above benefits, you will also have the advantage of a well—stocked new fleet of vehicles to expedite any repairs and minimize your cost.
Our goal is to work with our customers to keep their cranes and hoists in the best working condition possible. Our company also specializes in new and used cranes as well as modernizations and installations.
We recognize breakdowns occur for our customers and our sense of urgency to attend to their needs is of utmost importance to us both!
With Star Crane and Hoist, you will have the advantage of a well-stocked fleet of new vehicles to expedite any repairs and minimize your cost. Additionally, our company provides its own man lifts up to 20’ lift, cutting torches and welders at no additional charge to our customers. We are also fully backed by a $5 million liability insurance policy.
We realize keeping your equipment up and running is the life blood of your company. That is why our service calls typically will be a 1-2 hour response time. Our breakdown service is available 24 hours a day and seven days a week.
Our service technician training procedure begins with a documented apprenticeship program. This program consists of a six month period of on–the–job training with a designated highly qualified service technician, along with in–house training and testing, issued by a service department supervisor. We feel extensive exposure to a wide range of conditions, along with the understanding of each manufacturer’s specifications and limitations, are most effective, and must be obtained during this apprenticeship period. Technicians are tested throughout this duration, to continuously evaluate their performance. Only after extensive testing, along with authorizations from service department management, will any apprentice be promoted to a qualified service technician. Along with the completion of training to become a qualified service technician there is additional training in crane operator training, aerial work platform training, fall protection training, lock out/tag out training, lift truck operator training, etc.
Our goal is to work with our customers to keep their cranes and hoists in the best working condition possible. Star Crane also specializes in new and used cranes as well as modernizations and installations.