With more than a century of experience providing products and solutions for industrial manufacturing and construction, the CM brand has developed a loyal following with users around the globe. Products such as the Lodestar electric chain hoist and the orange pin shackles are requested by name due to their reputation for durability and longevity. Products are available for individual purpose, but due to the expansive line of products that provides complete solutions for overhead lifting applications, items are also easily combined to offer comprehensive systems to satisfy the exact requirements of users. From heavy—duty hoists for environments such as steel production to general duty chain and hooks for commercial use, the CM name represents a legacy of expertise in the market.
Durability Through Innovation
- Commitment to superior durability and low maintenance design
- 3-140 Ton Wire rope hoists & end trucks
- CMAA Class D Heavy Duty
- Full Variable Frequency Drive control
- Open Loop Sensor-less Vector
- Closed Loop Flux Vector
- UL Listed control panels
- Redundant braking
- Double reeved, true vertical lift
- Modular design with interchangeable parts
- Hazardous location and pneumatic options
- Superior materials
- Low cost, and readily available replacement parts.
Variable Frequency Drive (VFD) Controls
- No contactor controls since 2003
- VFD programming developed by Detroit Hoist specifically for use on their product.
- Greatly reduced inrush current
- Soft start/stop with adjustable accel/decel times
- Full dynamic braking
- Over weight, over current and thermal overload protection, brake condition monitoring
- Adjustable speed configurations and speed range.
- Open Loop sensor less vector
- Low maintenance mechanical load brake (3-40 Ton) requires no adjustment
Provides 100% of torque required to stop load
- VFD will indicate if brake is slipping and maintenance is required.
- Closed Loop Flux Vector
- Speed control through encoder feedback from motor
- 100% Dynamic braking, motor brake acts only as holding brake
- Load Float, motor brake only engages after the motor speed is at 0 Hz.
- Start of run motor check, end of run motor brake check.
True Vertical Lift
- Horizontal loadblock position remains consistent over the entire lift
- Load is distributed equally to all components
- Double reeved, less rope twist than single reeving
- RRL & LRL ropes reduce block twist and keep ropes seated in grooves eliminating the need for rope guides.
- All replacement parts are kept in stock at the manufacturing facility
- Purchased components are vendors standards
- All motors are IEC and NEMA standard sizes
- Spare parts list typically consists of a spare wire rope and hook latch
- Applications- Compressor stations, oil/gas transportation, oil rigs, grain silos, WWTP, mining, liquid natural gas.
- Division1 & 2, Groups B, C, D, F & G, IEEE 841
- Motors and brake labeled for proper Class, Division and Group.
- Standard Open Loop Vector w/load brake.
- Spark resistant features – bronze wheels, bronze sheave, bronze coated load block, hook and rail sweeps
- Aluminum NEMA 4, 7, 9 control enclosure, seal tight conduit.